DCDC 12Amp 12V Charger
This DCDC 12Amp 12V Charger is a great way to charge your dual batteries in your vehicle, boat or camper trailer. This unit will supply a 12 Amp constant feed with its unique “bypass charge” system to your dual batteries even when your fridge or electrical appliances are on during traveling. The HCdP DCDC 12Amp 12V Charger can also charge your second battery direct from your solar panels as it has a built in 180W MPPC Solar Panel Charge controller.
This rugged unit is cased in powder coated mild steel, and has built in cooling fans to ensure that the unit can provide optimum performance under extreme load and conditions.
Why do you need a DC/DC Charger?
A DC to DC charger eliminates the need for a dual battery switch and the need for heavy gauge wire from car to charger. When you put a battery in the back of your vehicle and run a cable from your main battery, you will most probably get a voltage drop. This will result in the extra battery to be not charged properly. The DC to DC charger is a step up charger which boosts the voltage at the extra battery to up to 14.2 volt in order to ensure a proper charge.
Where should you install a DC/DC charger?
Although tempting for convenience sake and space saving, the worst location for a vehicles dual battery and associated charger is under the bonnet of the car. This is because the performance and lifespan of electrical components is severely degraded by frequent and prolonged exposure to high temperatures. The ideal location is in a vented area away from excessive heat sources.
DCDC 12Amp 12V Charger Key Features
- Dual purpose DC to DC Lead Acid Battery charger
- Charges 12V Lead Acid Batteries from vehicle or Solar Panel
- Integrated 180W MPPC Solar Panel Charge controller
- Compensates for voltage drops over supply wires
- Eliminates dual battery switch and the need for heavy gauge wire from car to charger
- Will not flatten vehicle battery
- Charge indicator LED
- Loads automatically connect directly to vehicle supply when driving
- Full 12A always available to charge battery
- Integrated temperature controlled cooling fan
- Short circuit protection on inputs and outputs
- In Solar Panel mode loads will automatically be connected to battery (no bypass function)
- Rugged contruction using powder coated mild steel box
- Easy installation
- Switch ON voltage : > 13.3V (on Ignition input)
- Switch OFF voltage : < 12.5V (on Ignition input)
- Charge input voltage : 10.5V to 15V (on Car & GND connection)
- Solar Panel input power : 180W max
- Input current : 17A max plus load current
- Output voltage : 14.2 +/-0.1VDC
- Charge current : 12A max
- Operating temperature : -10 to +45 degrees Celcius
- Dimensions : 145mm x 130mm x 68mm
- Weight : 820 gram
This product will be replaced or repaired if a failure occurs within one year, from the date of purchase, as a result of faulty materials or workmanship provided that the product is returned with proof of purchase. Replacement or repair shall be at the discretion of the manufacturer. This warranty excludes failures which results from misuse of the product. The manufacturer and/or seller shall not be held liable for personal injury or consequential damages that may result through the use of this product.Lightning damage is excluded from this warranty.
Do not block ventilation holes at rear or on the side
Do not expose to rain or water
No user serviceable parts inside