DCDC 30Amp 12V Charger
The DCDC 30Amp 12V Charger is the ultimate way to charge your dual batteries in your vehicle, boat or camper trailer. This unit will can supply a constant 30 Amp feed if required, and with with its unique “bypass charge” system to your dual batteries you can be sure that even when your fridge or electrical appliances are on during traveling you batteries are receiving good quality charge. Perfect for large battery banks of more than one deep cycle battery. The HCdP DCDC 30Amp 12V Charger can also charge your second battery direct from your solar panels as it has a built in 360W MPPC Solar Panel Charge controller.
This rugged DCDC 30Amp 12V Charger is cased in powder coated mild steel, and has built in cooling fans to ensure that the unit can provide optimum performance under extreme load and conditions.
Why do you need a DC/DC Charger?
A DC to DC charger eliminates the need for a dual battery switch and the need for heavy gauge wire from car to charger. When you put a battery in the back of your vehicle and run a cable from your main battery, you will most probably get a voltage drop. This will result in the extra battery to be not charged properly. The DC to DC charger is a step up charger which boosts the voltage at the extra battery to up to 14.2 volt in order to ensure a proper charge.
Where should you install a DC/DC charger?
Although tempting for convenience sake and space saving, the worst location for a vehicles dual battery and associated charger is under the bonnet of the car. This is because the performance and lifespan of electrical components is severely degraded by frequent and prolonged exposure to high temperatures. The ideal location is in a vented area away from excessive heat sources.
DCDC 30Amp 12V Charger Key Features
- High current dual purpose DC/DC 30Amp 12V Charger
- Suitable for deep cycle and cranking lead acid batteries of 70Ah and higher battery capacities
- Eliminates dual battery switch
- Will not flatten vehicle battery
- Compensates for voltage drops over supply wires
- Dual purpose lead acid battery charger (charges from car or solar panel without having to re-connect car or solar panel)
- Integrated 360W MPPC solar regulator
- Integrated alternator overload protection
- Integrated bypass circuit automatically connects loads directly to alternator when charger operates thus making full 30A available to charge battery.
- Three state charger optimises charging (bulk, constant voltage and trickle charging)
- Two colour charge indicator LED shows charging and charge completion status
- Integrated battery temperature compensation to prolong battery life
- Twin two speed thermally controlled cooling fans
- Integrated over temperature protection
- Short circuit and reverse battery protection on all inputs and outputs
- Sturdy powder coated mild steel enclosure
- Easy installation with high quality screw type wire connections
- Switch ON voltage : >13,3V (on ignition input)
- Switch OFF voltage : <12.5V (on ignition input)
- Charge input voltage : 10.5V to 15V between GND and +Car input
- Solar input power : 360W max
- Charge current : 30A max
- Output voltage : 14.2+/-0.1V in charge mode (Amber LED ON)
- Output voltage : 13.8 +/-0.1V in Trickle mode (Green LED ON)
- Load current : 25A max
- Input current : 65A max with max load current of 25A
- Operating temperature : -10 to +45 degrees Celsius
- Dimensions : 175mm x 165mm x 68mm
- Weight : 1425 gram
This product will be replaced or repaired if a failure occurs within one year, from the date of purchase, as a result of faulty materials or workmanship provided that the product is returned with proof of purchase. Replacement or repair shall be at the discretion of the manufacturer. This warranty excludes failures which results from misuse of the product. The manufacturer and/or seller shall not be held liable for personal injury or consequential damages that may result through the use of this product.Lightning damage is excluded from this warranty.
Do not block ventilation holes at rear or on the side
Do not expose to rain or water
No user serviceable parts inside